The Mother Nurture Yoga “Preparation for Birth” e-course helps you to prepare for an empowering labour and natural birth experience.
With knowledge comes confidence. And when you know and trust your body, you will feel empowered. This course complements your prenatal yoga practice (classes or DVD) by giving you a deeper insight into how your mind and body works during labour, and how you can empower yourself to give birth-in-awareness.
Online Course Outline
- The psychology of labour – how your hormones work, your state of mind and emotions during labour
- Relaxation skills during pregnancy, including a 30 minute guided Yoga Nidra
- Natural pain relief and mindful coping techniques
- Breathing techniques for labour
- Vocalisation during labour
- The different stages of labour and active positions for each stage
- Optimal Fetal Positioning – how to get your baby into the right position to facilitate an easier birth
- All about your pelvic floor – how to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and relax them during childbirth
- Methods of natural induction, including a 20 minute meditation to put yourself into labour
- Top 5 tips for a natural birth
- Further reading (outside of the standard pregnancy books!)
In her best-selling Australian book Well Adjusted Babies, Dr Jennifer Barham-Floreani quotes an article in The Sunday Herald Sun June 2002, where an obstetrician said: “Childbirth is being turned into a joyless medical procedure, with too many doctors ‘meddling’ with motherhood to overcome staff shortages and to cut the risk of being sued if something goes wrong.” According to Jennifer, “to overcome such limitations you will need to be proactive and source independent birthing workshops.”