If you’re looking for recommendations for prenatal yoga books, you’re in the right place!
Yoga is the perfect type of exercise to do during pregnancy as it calms the mind and nervous system, as well as strengthening and stretching the body – releasing all those feel-good hormones and curing aches and pains. It’s accessible to all body-types (yes – even those who consider themselves inflexible!), and all stages of pregnancy.
What’s more, it’s considered one of the safest ways to stay active. Because when you’re pregnant your top priority is to keep both yourself and your baby safe.
For all you dedicated yoginis, pregnancy is a time to maintain your yoga practice, not necessarily to advance it in terms of asanas (poses). But that doesn’t mean you can’t learn more about yoga as a practice and reading has always been one of my favourite ways to learn!
There are some beautiful pregnancy yoga books available that show you various yoga poses, and guide you through your pregnancy trimester-by-trimester.
Here are 8 books we recommend for all pregnant women:
2. Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth, and Beyond by Francoise Freedman
3. Yoga Mama, Yoga Baby: Ayurveda and Yoga for a Healthy Pregnancy and Birth by Margo Shapiro Bachman
4. Preparing for Birth with Yoga: Empowering and Effective Exercise for Pregnancy and Childbirth by Janet Balaskas
5. Yoga Mama: The Practitioner’s Guide to Prenatal Yoga by Linda Sparrowe
6. Birth in Awareness. A handbook of Prenatal Yoga by Gabrielle Earls
7. The Yoga of Pregnancy, Week by Week by Mel Campbell
8. Pregnancy Yoga by Tara Lee
If you prefer to learn pregnancy yoga in-person (or virtually), check out our timetable or our Beginners’ Pregnancy Yoga course. Or join us on a Pregnancy Day Retreat for a full day of relaxation and me-time!